knowledge graphs: a unified gateway to fragmented and unstructured data
The Problem Enterprise data is messy… people and processes are overwhelmed by information, yet they struggle to use it without difficult, costly and sometimes manual searching and preprocessing.
Even data available in structured form is fragmented and dispersed among a host of central and operational databases or locked inside pervasive personal spreadsheets.
Lots of valuable data is hidden inside non‑structured sources, like XML models from CAD/CAE/CASE systems, technical and legal docs, reports, email, images, sensor readings and other time series.
On top of that, business entities are heavily interconnected, with hierarchical, variable and sparse relations: when cross‑cutting views are required, the overall data model grows quickly more akin to a complex graph than to a bare table.
- no quick way to integrate data silos to capture value from interconnections
- fragile data supply chains managed with rough case-by-case solutions
- limited user autonomy in data-related processes and delayed decision-making
- custom app development hampered by cumbersome data integration efforts
The Solution Knowledge graphs leverage linked data, graph databases, natural language processing and machine learning to weave fragmented, unstructured and disorganised data into a hyperlinked read/write data hub easily available to people and applications, with no impact on existing processes and systems.
Knowledge graphs are easily implemented with an agile and incremental approach, delivering value over short working cycles, with low risk and limited investment; they also rationalize and factor previously uncoordinated data extraction and integration activities, cutting duplicated efforts and related security risks.
We provide end‑to‑end support in the implementation of turnkey solutions based on enterprise knowledge graphs through our professional and development services and our open-source linked data platform.
- quickly develop agile data supply chains and dedicated business apps
- easily integrate fragmented and unstructured data sources
- easily deploy API services without trading off data integrity and security
- rely on a completely standardized and open technology stack backed by W3C
With Metreeca you can make full use of your data assets readily turning them into value‑added services and apps.